10 ways to make more money
Most of us could do with a some of extra cash each week to help pay the bills, reduce debts and get ahead in life. By applying the right strategy and with a bit of effort, there are numerous ways to rebalance the flow of money more in your favour.
Improving your financial situation is often a formula requiring you to increase your income and reduce your expenses and debts. For example, if you could add 20% to your income each week, while reducing your expenses by 10%, you’d be 30% better off. Make the maths work for you rather than against you. Over time, it all adds up.
Here are a bunch of ways you could increase your income & make more money. While they may not make you a millionaire, they may help you move to that place of being a good percentage better off each week. And who knows, you may even go far beyond that!
10 Money Making Ideas
- Sell the stuff you don’t use or need anymore through online sites like eBay, Gumtree or Facebook’s marketplace. Turn your trash into cash.
- Rent out that spare room or advertise it through Airbnb, creating a new weekly income stream.
- If you live close to the city or a busy commercial area, rent space in your garage to a commuter.
- Do a few shifts driving on the weekend or weeknights for Uber. To be a driver, at a minimum, you will need a 5 seater car under 10 years old and in good condition. Focus on the busiest periods of the week to get more trips done in less time and at higher rates.
- Similarly, you could do casual food delivery work with Uber Eats, Deliveroo or Dominos. Generally, the requirements are broader. You will need either a car (can be 1990+ for Uber Eats), motorbike/scooter or even a just a bike. Working a few hours on a Friday or Saturday night around dinner time will help make some quick cash.
- Make small amounts of extra money filling out surveys. Research companies have an almost endless supply of online surveys which you can do in a short time for around $5 and up to $25. Companies that offer this include: Toluna, Swagbucks, PuraProfile, MySurvey Australia.
- Similarly, UserTesting pays you to visit websites and apps, complete a set of tasks and record your thoughts. They pay $10 for every 20-minute completed video web review.
- Pick up extra cash by doing crowdsourced work online with Clickworker.com, with tasks such as data entry, form filling, web research. You can choose the work you do and how much.
- If you’re good at writing and passionate on a topic, consider writing an e-book. E-books listed on Amazon can earn you 70% of the sale. And once you have done the hard work of researching, writing, and publishing, it can be an on-going stream of passive income for you (if popular).
- Open an online savings account and transfer the first $50 (or whatever amount you can afford) of your pay into it every week. These accounts have an interest rate often 2-3% higher than a normal account. And if you do a number of the above ideas for making extra cash, why not bank it all to your online savings account and watch it grow.
With a bit of effort, your financial situation can be better off when adding extra income streams. Next, let’s look at the other side of the formula, ways that you can save money. Read – 10 ways to save more money.
If, however, you’re in a debt situation that’s spiraling out of control with mounting interest payments, also contact us for a free debt assessment. Everyone could do with a little support from time to time and if you need genuine debt relief solutions, we’re here to lend a hand. We have helped many Australians reduce debt, freeze interest and journey into financial freedom. Contact us today – what have you got to lose but your debts!